Thursday, September 05, 2019

It Got Windy Tonight When The Front Passed

2.95lbs/17.33" Terminator Frog (Yellow)

No rain, but man was there was wind
6:00-8:20PM Channel Inn Bay, NW Sullivan Reeds
75-64℉, Mostly Sunny to Mostly Cloudy, 4-25mph SW NW
WT: 68-66℉

On the way out I detoured to Channel Inn Bay.  I was going to start at the Melon Patch.  I started at the dogfish pad patch and worked my way north.  Seagulls were flying over the bay  I got a small pike off of the rice on the bone Teckel Sprinker.  Then I got a 13.75-inch bass out over the flat on the Sprinker. There was a lot of baitfish activity as the front approached.  Stuff started getting hit where I was headed.  I got a 14.5-incher in the deep junk.  Then nothing.  I told myself if I' not getting hit that has to mean fish aren't there and started moving a little quicker then the front rolled through.  I had to anchor for boat control. I lost the whole tail apparatus off of the bone Sprinker when a fish blasted it.  The wind was ridiculous.   I was just going to head in, but then I thought the NW reed bed in Sullivan would be protected.  I set down in the reed bed and started moving toward shore when something got busted in the boat lane.  I put a cast there and got the 3 pounda on the Terminator frog. In the pads toward shore, I got a pike.  I then lost what must have been a pike on the RTX Jig in the pads.  I ended up getting the jig stuck on a reed and breaking off because the line was frayed because I didn't check the line, doh.  I got a 13-incher on the junebug craw tube in the reeds.  I then got the Texas rig bit off and that was a wrap.

4 Bass
2 Pike


No comments: