Sunday, June 18, 2023

Fishing With Pete

 
Pete, with the first of two LMB's
I didn't get any.
7:00-9:30PM SPBI, SPSI, E of GOMH, SW Channel INN Bay, N CIB Reeds, Loon Bay
70-73℉, Mostly Cloudy, 3-6mph ESE
Water Temp: Low 70's

Started at SPBI. Pete got a bass of all things on the Junebug Hammer. Pete chose his own rod, not the two I had for him rigged up with chatters; Pete. He caught a couple of pike as we worked our way toward the point. Pete thought Jackhammers were a rip-off when I told him what I paid. I don't think I mentioned they retail for $17, and when they were in short supply sold for $50 to $75. Why? Because they are a superior rat trap. I got a few pike as we rounded the point. Next, we went to SPSI. Wuss Weed is where cabbage and fish were last year. Pete wanted to go to Reeds across the way, where submerged weeds are always an issue. I missed a bite at SPSI, and that was it. We drifted a little to the West on the flat. No bites. Headed to 16 Hole. Pete wasn't feeling it like not even two minutes in. What? Perfect conditions for slow drifting through the rice with a history of holding fish, this year even. A couple of minutes later, our frogs nearly landed on one another, and a PLS busted on his frog. Other than one pike chasing my ToadZ, it was dead. We moved to SW CIB but too much wind. I did miss a blow-up that hit when I was reaching for the troller. Went to N CIB Reeds. Pete got a couple of pike follows, and I lost a couple of hits. We ended in Loon Bay. I lost a bite because the hook was buried in the ToadZ; if that isn't my 2023 season, I don't know what is. It was dead other than that one bite.

We stopped at the bridge on the way home. Peter W. Matt W. were just getting set up. We didn't fish, which was fine with me.

Pete: 2Bass 7Pike, 
Me:5 Pike 

No comments: