Friday, June 16, 2023

Fishing On the Slow Side Tonight



7:20-9:50PM SPSI, E of GOMH, S SPRO to SW INT, NE INT PT
68-72℉, Hazy, 0-2mph SE
 

Late start because I was moving like a turtle after I got up this afternoon. I stopped at SPSI first. No, go on top and on a Chatter. The last call was a TurboFattyZ. I had a "come to Jesus" talk with myself before throwing the TF; I have been missing almost all my bites on this lure. I caught my biggest bass of the night on the first cast. I also got a small pike. 

Next, I headed to the 16"Hole, but it was dead there. After 10 minutes, I had enough and headed for Sully, hoping to find a school in the SPRO rice. That did not happen, not even a lone wolf.  I had a pike attack a couple of times. I had a good pair of blow-ups from the same fish at pike point, but they didn't hook up. Did get a couple of pike. I finally got into a few bass in the reeds. I lost the only one that bit that was over 2 lbs as I was boat-flipping it. Had a few fish dog me in the reeds. Hit NE INT and SPSI quickly to no avail. 

There were a couple of kayakers fishing the INT boat channel. The one was a woman who talked loudly. Apparently, she caught a walleye and quite a few pike. She called her mom, who was babysitting the kids, to find out what the walleye regs were. She thought she was on Platte, but they were in Sullivan.

4Bass 
6Pike 

No comments: