Thursday, May 05, 2022

GOMH Morning, GOMH & Rock Afternoon, Back @ GOMH To Close Night Out

5.04lbs/20.5" Terminator Jig/Craw Tube (White)
Evening @ GOMH

4.50lber THE Jig/minnow
Morning @ the GOMH

Silver for the family from Brainerd


I was at the GOMH prior to sunrise. Nothing going on to start. Got a few jumpers including the 4 and a toothy. 

In the afternoon I stopped at the GOMH first, no silvers only jumpers. Stopped at Bear Trax and got minnows. Got the Trophy hooked up and headed to Rock. There was some activity in the Platte River Outlet Bay, but I didn't catch anything. I saw one pike and missed a couple of bites. There were carp up super shallow making a fuss. Nothing at the Beaver Dam so I beelined for the access. A guy and his bud were test running the guy's small fishing boat. The guy held the Trophy while I got the truck and then cranked it up when I drove it on. I dropped the Trophy off at the Lake Place then headed to the GOMH.

Nobody was there when I arrived. Caught 2 jumpers immediately including the 5lber that was 20.5. Some friends or family of Skibidi showed up and took the SE side. A family with a teen daughter and young son showed up and fished the SW bridge. The daughter is on the Brainerd Fishing Team. Skibidi joined his group. A few jumpers were caught as were a few silvers once it got dark. Had a 3lb jumper take me to the catails but I got her out. LM showed up about 8:15. SE side did better than the SW. I caught 5 quick silvers when I switched to the Cubby. I gave them to the dad. Called it a night at 10 PM. LM was the last one standing as the Skibidi clan left when I did.

 

No comments: