Tuesday, May 03, 2022

3 Trips to the GOMH On the 3rd

14" 

Egret on Eagle Perch Point

Morning Bullhead

 The first trip was an attempt to get the bobber light that fell off when I set the hook on my last silver last night. Had the light on the shovel and would have gotten it except for that dang tree I was bringing up with it. Didn't get any bites.

Took a sunrise trip: 
Slow, but I got bullheads, so I can't complain. They wanted meat, and I used up my last 3 minnows. Had a 3-pounda bury me in the cattails when John W. stopped. I Got visited by a guy who was out yesterday afternoon getting a few big jumpers. Left at 8 AM to get the car back


5:00-9:45PM GOMH SW
32-52℉, Sunny, 3-8mph NE

Dead for the first hour, Ruh-roh. Then I got a couple of quick jumpers. Nice, a sign of life. Dock Guy showed up. Had two C-130 roar in at just above treetop level. It was incredible. Started to see activity on the surface and caught a few more jumpers. Skibidi showed up. Lantern Man showed up and came down by me on the SW side. He had minnows from Prince's. He started getting silvers almost immediately and offered to let me use his minnows which I accepted. I got a 13 and then a 14-inch crappie on THE Jig. LM got a 14.25. LM caught the fire out of them. I texted LMS and diddled while the fish were AWWWWWWN!. They were getting a few on the SE side. LM had his limit by 8:45 PM. He gave me a scoop of minnows and left. I caught a couple more fish, and then they shut down at 9:15. I called it a night when my minnow came off at 9:45 PM.

No comments: