Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Starry Night at Eddy's Jetty

 


23" Rage Swimmer


8:30-10:00PM Pete's Spot, Standing Rock, North Corner
47℉, Clear, 3-6mph WSW

Beautiful night on the Jetty with the Big Dipper over Indian Point and a visit by an owl. Caught my first eye after I saw its eye briefly and made multiple casts to the area with the Rage Swimmer at the North Corner. Got the second one on Pete's Spot. It followed the Rage in then swam away. A few more casts and I saw the eyes following again. I let the jig sink and it came and grabbed it (23"). My final fish (19") of the night came on the Jerk Shad at the Standing Rock. I saw the eyes and cast past the spot. I put the jerk shad right on its nose, but the fish didn't react. I moved it a yard away and let it sit. Sure enough, it zipped over and grabbed it. I had a few more follows on the Jerk Shad, but none of them committed.

No comments: