Saturday, October 17, 2020

At The Jetty With Jamar 2020

20" Storm 360

 

20" Storm 360

23.75" Jerk Shad (Tomato)

20.5"  Rage Swimmer
7:45-10:00PM Eddy Jetty 
34℉, PC, 4-10mph NNW

I arrived just after Jamar and his buddies.  He had been fishing for about 10 minutes when I arrived and hadn't gotten anything yet. About 15 casts in I was hooked up with the 20.5" fish on the Rage Swimmer. Jamar was headed to get something at the car, so I just took the picture myself. Jamar was happy to hear that I got it on the swimbait and pretty quickly had one (20.5) on the 360 Searchbait. He got a couple more similar sized fish in short order. I didn't get any more hits on the swimbait. I think with all the wave action and no moon having that rattling jig head that comes with the 360 was the deal. I tried a couple of different Rattlin Raps and only caught weeds. I then tried a chart Jerk Shad, nothing. Then I went to the Tomato Jerk Shad and the 23-incher was all over it. When I went to have Jamar take a picture for me my phone died. thankfully his worked. I went and put the phone on the Scosche GOBAT and noticed my charging case wasn't even 50% depleted. I thought that's strange. I went and started up the Kia hoping a warm car would bring the phone back to life. It didn't. I lost a bite then caught a 19-incher. Then Eddy's Security came by to tell me I needed to move my car. I didn't get a bite after that. Jamar's dad got one and I think Jamar did as well. My phone finally came back to life a few miles down the road when I had it charging on the car USB. I thought maybe the phone was a goner, but nope it just had digital frostbite. It was cold out there in that wind and I didn't think to bring my ice fishing duds. That will never happen again. 
My 3 and 2 of Jamar's fish


No comments: