Thursday, October 22, 2020

Fishing In A Blizzard

22" Husky Jerk 12 (Purple Perch)


18" X-Rap (Firetiger)

8:00-10:00PM North Corner
31℉, Cloudy with Snow/Sleet, 15-20MPH NNE

I almost turned around the roads were pretty slick. I went to 169 in Onamia and much to my surprise conditions there weren't any better until I got to DQ where conditions improved to wet road. It was blowing pretty good at a lousy angle so my casting area was severely limited. I decided to start by throwing an RC 2.5 squarebill. I was just thinking to myself that I had never caught a walleye on a squarebill here at Mille Lacs. Then I thought I've never fished one before, then whack fish-on. It was a 21-22-inch fish that I was unable to land in the churning surf. I did manage to land the two fish in the pictures.  I went and warmed up in the car several times.  The wind never let up, but the snow did eventually.   

No comments: