Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Caught 3 Missed 4 to 6 More And Saw Huge Otter


 
5lbs/25" Husky Jerk 12 (Gold)



18" Husky (Gold)

3.06lbs/21" Rage Swimmer Jr. (GP)
Forgot to weigh the 18-incher
8:00-10:00PM North Corner
31-32℉, Cloudy, 0-4mph NNW

I spotted a fish as I was walking out in shallow near the base of the Jetty. Didn't see anything else. Good visibility as well. I saw a couple other eyes eventually and got bumped a few times, but I didn't get a bite that hooked up until 20 to 10 when I spotted two eyes starring up at me on the Big North Coner Standing Rock. The fish was about a yard to my right in maybe 6-inches of water. I cast the gold Husky Jerk over that direction and it swam out to it but didn't hit. I cast over again. It did a loop and grabbed it. After I released the fish I decided on a whim to put down the Husky Jerk and to pick up the GLX and throw some casts at the Harbor Mouth with the small Rage Swimmer. I was immediately hooked up, but the fish got off about halfway in. Then a huge otter showed up and told me he was stealing my spot. So I went to the BNCSR and immediately hooked into the 21-inch chunk. After a few more casts with the Swimmmer, I switched back to the gold Husky Jerk and got my last bite of the night.

I spotted a small buck by the public access on Shakopee Lake on my way up   
                                      

No comments: