Friday, October 23, 2020

Fish Bit Before Dark, Not So Much After


23.5 Ghost Jerk Shad

 
26" RS 2.5

21" Tomato Jerk Shad
                                               
5:30-8:30PM N Harbor Mouth
28-32℉, Cloudy to PC, 4-8mph NW

I got the snowblower running and did the driveway before the deep freeze. Then I headed over to Mille Lacs and fished for 3 hours. I got to see an eagle flying around just off of the South end of the Jetty when I got there. It kept circling and doing false dives. I think it might have been harassing some mergansers. I got 2 walleyes before it got dark and only one after. I had to stop using two rods due to the reels freezing up. The first eye went for the ghost Jerk Shad on my last cast before I was going to help Steve with the Trophy. After I released the fish he called me to let me know I didn't need to come because Kim was going to help. I caught the second fish about 15-minutes later on a square bill. I then went for a long time without a bite. When I got the 21-incher at 8:30, I called it a night. The skies cleared around 8PM.


No comments: