Monday, September 21, 2020

Tough Night, But Plopper Fish Made It All Worth It

3.70lbs/18" Whopper Plopper (RTT)

9" Fluke (Albino)


 4:30-7:45PM SPSI, NW Reeds, Intersection, SPRO, F Flat
68-73℉, PC, 0-8mph SSW
61-63℉ Low falling

When I was putting my gear in the boat a loon was making a racket because an osprey was flying around. I also ran by an immature loon on my way to SPSI. It seems all the adults have headed South at this point. I didn't get a hit at SPSI. I then headed to Sullivan to the reeds by the NW public access. The wind was blowing out of the SSW and there was way more wave action than I wanted. On the Northside of the first dock, I got a dink and small slimer on Zoom Super Fluke. I actually had what was probably the pike hit the Sparrow first and I got the fish when I peppered the area with the Fluke. I got one bass (15) in the reeds and missed a couple of bites. Spent way to much time working my through. I got a couple of pike at the boat channel and NE point of the Intersection. I got only one bite along the NSPRO. It was the 18-incher that absolutely crushed the Rat Ta Tat Whopper Plopper. The wind died shortly after I got the fish and so did the action. I tried SPSI again and F Flat not getting a bite at either place.

3 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: