Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Started Good, Then A Grind








(Ridiculous Google making publishing photo's more difficult. I had to upload them to Google Photos because it wouldn't except them from my computer per usual. Hopefully, it's just a glitch)
3:00-7:45PM NPBI, Access Across Cane, Big Rice Point, 6LB Flat, West of Access Rice, North Inlet to Cookie Jar, Green Cabin Bay, SPRO, Intersection, SPSI, SPBI

67-78℉, Hazy sun to cloudy some light rain, 0-7mph SE
66℉ LOw falling

  
It was totally calm with Hazy sun and warm when I got out. I briefly stopped at NPBI and didn't get a bite. Then it was on to Access Across Cane.  I didn't get a bite on the cane wall, but the second it turned to a rice wall I had a 17-incher nail the Sparrow. I was totally ready for it. After last night's debacle, I did a couple of practice hook sets. I then got a couple of 14-inchers and a pike. A fish told me where it was at right before I got the pike, so I worked that area throwing multiple casts and eventually got another 17-incher. I got a pike farther down the rice line. I then headed to Big Rice Point where I got several pike. The only possible bass blow up missed the frog and I couldn't get it to refire. Something got blown up over 6lb Flat so I gave that a try. I got a couple of pike there. It got cloudy and it looked like rain was approaching. I went back to the cane and had a fish blow up and miss. I worked the fish for about 5-minutes and it paid off with another 3lber. The wind came up, so I went to the South shoreline where the rice starts West of the access. It rained briefly. I got a couple of pike. I stopped back at the Cane, nothing. Then I went to Inlet Bay North. I got 14 ad 15 in the rice, reeds, and pads. I got a couple of 14-inchers on the way to the Cookie Jar. I then headed to Green Cabin which was dead. I made a long cast got hung on some rice went to snap it free and my line broke a couple feet up from the reel. It was the darndest thing. I then went to SPRO in Sullivan. It was dead. I got my River2Sea Bubble Walker stolen at the Intersection. I ended the night getting two bass on the bone Repo Man at SPSI and blanked at SPBI. It was probably to dark by the time I got to the Big Island.
11 Bass
10 Pike

No comments: