Thursday, September 17, 2020

Finally Got Some 3lbers Today (3 of Them)

3.13lbs/17" Sparrow


3.32lbs/18.75 Plopper 130 (Rat Ta Tat)
3.24lbs/17.5" Plopper



2:30-8:30PM Docks Across, Reeds Across S & N, Intersection, SPSI
50-67℉, PC to C, 0-7mph N
60-62℉ LOw

I started at the platform dock across the way. I caught 4 bass (11,15,12,11) and missed a couple as well. I headed east toward "The Dock" and got back to back 15-inch bass on the Sparrow out of the pads. I got one bass (13) on "The Dock" and 14-incher under the pontoon on the next dock to the East. I then went to the dock to West of the platform dock and worked my way West. I missed a couple of bites and got a 12-incher when I was up by the reeds.

Next, I started fishing the reeds with the Sparrow and I got quite a few bites, but a number of them weren't getting the frog. It was Platte Lake Specials and pike. It got cloudy and the wind came up which I wasn't expecting while I was in the reeds. I was over by the cane when I got the first 3lber of the night.  That was my last bite in reeds across.

I then went to the Intersection in Sullivan. I got a pike on the NE Point. I then took two good fish (16.25,18.75) on the Whopper Plopper out of the entrance boat lane in the wind. I got my last frog bite of the night as the sun came out in the rice. I switched to NSPRO rice at the second boat channel. I got a 16-inch bass on a Northland Buzzbait with Rage Toad towards the tip of the rice point.

I then beat feet to South Point Small Island where I got the final 3lber of the night on the Whopper Plopper. That was also my last bite of the night. I tried the NPSI, SPBI, and 3 Loon Flat

No comments: