Thursday, September 24, 2020

Good Bite, No Size And I Got Better With A Swim Jig


Just a bunch of cookie-cutter 14 to 15-incher tonight


3:00-7:30PM Reeds Across South, F Flat, Access Across Cane and Big Rice, SPSI
55-62℉, PC, 3-7mph ENE
63℉ Low

I started in the Reeds Across and the bass were going on the swim jig, no doubt about it. So I spent a bunch of time in there trying to teach myself about fishing with one. I was able to land 12 bass and 5 pike on the Outkast Swim Jig landing about 2/3rds of what bit. I got a couple of small bass off a dock on the Repo Man at the lane between the two rice beds. That prompted me to give F Flat a try. I was just about to leave when a 16/17 bass nailed the Repo Man, but it jumped and got off. I then went to AA Cane which had wind blowing on it. Didn't get a bite there, so I went over to Big Rice. I got 2 bites on the Spinker Landing one of them and had a big fish boil on it, but not get it. I ended the night at South Point Small Island losing a 3lber at the boat that threw the Whopper Plopper when it jumped.

17 Bass
7 Pike


    

No comments: