Friday, September 25, 2020

Pretty Much Clueless Tonight

 
Got Lucky, Hooked it by the Power Clip

2.44lbs Terminator Frog (Yellow)

Forgot to weigh one bass

3:00-7:30PM Reeds Across, A. A. Cane to Big Rice Pt, North Inlet to CRRP, 3 Loon Flat to F Flat
67-72℉, PC to C, 0-5mph SE turning NW with periods of calm
60-63℉ Low rising

I started in the reeds across. There was a SE wind and it was cloudy. I missed the only bite I got on the Swim Jig. I got a couple of bass on the Terminator Frog and a few pike. Missed some bites as well. It was much slower than yesterday so I only spent an hour there. I then went to Access Across Cane and missed two bites because I wasn't paying attention. Both bites came as I had cleared the rice and was retrieving the frog. I think I might have miss one bite at Big Rice Pt. I went back to AA Cane and didn't get a bite. I then went to Inlet Bay working North to South.  I got one bass at Center RRP on the Terminator and missed a bite because I wasn't ready for it. There were hunter scouting for ducks. It was calm so I gave 3 Loon Flat a try. An NW wind came up and that took the wind out of my sails as far as moving. I did get a couple of bass along the docks on the bluegill Bubble Walker (15) and the bone Repo Man. As well as a few pike on those lures. On F Flat I got a couple of pike and broke off the Bubble Walker at the spool. Fortunately, a fish didn't hit it so I was able to retrieve it.

I got frustrated and didn't fish well because of it. Conditions said they should be going on topwater, but they just weren't and I kept getting caught with my guard down when they did hit. There were a bunch of people out fishing tonight as well.

5 Bass
14 Pike

1 comment:

Alex said...

Immensely helpful!! Thank you for this. I am in the midst of this very "search" and you certainly raised some things I hadn't considered.
Columbia River oversize sturgeon