Monday, August 03, 2020

Morning And Evening Slow Fishing

16" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)




6:00-9:00AM NPBI Big Rice and 6LB Flat
65-52℉, MS, 0-4mph NE
70℉ LOw falling

Stopped at NPBI first getting a small pike on the SBKO orange. Then it was off to Big Rice Point where I spent the rest of the morning. Got 4 bass bites landing 3 (16, 16, 14) of them. Had a pike steal the orange SBKO for about 45-minutes or so. I spotted the lure once and the fish jumped several times trying to shake it which I could hear when it did. Finally, it broke free and fortunately it was where could see it when it did.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

6:30-9:15PM N Platte Lake Drive Pt, Starting Spot Rice, NW Juice
64-70℉, MS, 0-3mph NE
72-74℉ Falling Low

I spent an hour exploring from the North Big Island Channel to the Reeds in Inlet Bay. Didn't get a bite. The area is devoid of cabbage. It does have some coontail and northern milfoil and a bunch of carpetweed. I then hit the Cookie Jar area not getting anything until I was well past the Starting Spot. Got two small bass on two consecutive casts. The second got hooked in the tongue and wasn't going to make it so I took it for Jan. It wasn't happing so I went to the NW Juice. I got one pike there in the slop and a dink pike on the way out on the Horny Toad, disappointing. There was just no activity in the NW Juice. It looks great though.

No comments: