Thursday, August 20, 2020

Ok Night in Inlet Bay

3.92lbs/19" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

2.93lbs/16.9" Sparrow

What the swim jig would catch



5:20-8:40PM Inlet Bay ReedsRicePads
72-77℉, MC to C, 0-7mph SSE
78℉

The plan was to fish swim jigs in the reeds and slop in Inlet Bay.  All I could get on the swim jigs was pike. At Center RRP I threw a few casts with the Sparrow and was rewarded with the 19-incher. He missed the frog the first time but came back for seconds. He was a sunfish short of 4lbs.  I didn't get another bass bite until I was over by where I started with Todd. I threw the Sparrow over the coontail and was rewarded with a 16.6incher. I continued to try and make the swim jig work only catching pike. When it hit 8PM it was clear bass didn't want a swim jig so I went to the Bobby's Perfect full time and caught 6 more bass (16x2, 14x4).

8 Bass
13 Pike

No comments: