Sunday, August 09, 2020

Fun, Slow, Wet Trip

2.60/16.75" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

2.86lbs/17.75" Sparrow

Morning Lightening Delay


Afternoon Rain Delay

14.68lbs
8:00AM-12:30PM Access Across, NSPRO, Intersection Juice
1:40-3:00PM East Of GOMH School, LSB
76-68℉, Cloudy to Partly Cloudy with Rain, 4-13mph SE
72-74℉

The 5PM forecast was wrong! Thunderstorms did develop in the morning. I had my stuff ready to go at 6PM, but a thunderstorm was almost upon me. I ended up sitting until 8AM. Then I went to Access Across and only got a couple swirls in an hour so I left. I tried the GOMH, nothing. Intersection nothing. I got into fish along the North Sullivan Platte River Outlet Rice Line.  Bunch of Platte Lake Specials with a few pike mixed in.  I also missed/lost a fair number of bites.  I was working my way back up the SSPRO when the wind really increased then it started to rain. I got a couple fish off of the Intersection Juice. The rain stopped. I started fishing down the NSPRO again. It started to rain again, so I headed for the bridge to wait it out. I was under there for about an hour. I worked my way up the GOMH getting nothing. I found a school of bass right at the start of East of GOMH. There is also some cabbage there beyond the slop where I was getting fish. I missed 3 or 4 bites in addition to the 5 I caught. I finished in Loon Bay not getting a bite

No comments: