Saturday, August 15, 2020

Todd With A Rough Morning, But He Rallied In the Evening



6:00-11:30PM GOMH, GOMHWBC, SSPRO, Intersection
72-60℉, MS, 0-6mph WNW
62-68℉ Low rising
We started at NPBI, nothing. Then we went to Big Rice Pt, nothing. Then onto 6lb Flat. Todd missed one blow up. After an hour of that, we packed up for Sullivan. I got a toothy bullhead. on the Jackhammer as we emerged from under the bridge. Finally, I put a bass in the boat at the GOMH Wall Boat Lane.  Didn't get another bite until the second boat lane along the NSPRO which missed the frog.  I got into a little flurry of activity at the final boat lane getting an 18.5", 16.25", and 19.33". The 19-incher had zero girth and was well short of 4lbs. I also lost another good one and Todd landed his only fish for the trip, a pike. He missed several bites down by the narrows. We worked our way back along the SSPRO. Todd missed another couple of bites. I got my last bass of the morning on the inside rice/reed line on the SW Intersection. I also lost a bite there. We ended on working back down toward the GOMH along the Eastern rice line. Todd lost a good fish on the Sprinker, but we don't know what it was. 

6 Bass
10 Pike
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:30-9:00PM Channel Inn Bay
68-72℉, PC, 2-4mph SSW
72℉

So I went t where I wanted to go last night the Northside of the center rice point in Channel Inn Bay.  Todd was really wanting his first frog fish of the trip and he was quickly rewarded with a Platte Sullivan Special. I then got my 3rd 3lber of the day. We both missed a couple of good bites as we worked west. When we started North we got into some pike and occasional bass, We doubled up for our final fish of the evening. It was a good trip.

Todd
3 Bass
3 Pike

Me
5 Bass
2 Pike


No comments: