Saturday, August 08, 2020

Good Trip Tonight, But A Lot of Misses And Two More Lost Sparrows

2.8?/17" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

2.64lbs/17" Sparrow

6:00-9:00PM Channel Inn Bay Center Rice Point
73-81℉, Mostly Cloudy, 0-3mph SE
78℉ Low falling

I started on the northside of the rice point in Channel Inn Bay and worked to the South. At 8:30 I drove back to where I started and worked the northside until the skeeters got to me at 9PM. On about my tenth cast, I had a good fish on, but it got free as I was trying to bring it out of the rice. I got 3 or 4 fish off of the tip and I got bites all the way down on the Southside, but my hooking percentage was terrible especially after I got the 2nd 17-incher.  It was really frustrating missing bite after bite. I noticed I hooked two fish in the chin, so some fish were not eating the frog.  But other fish were choking it. Not sure there is much I can do when they are biting like that. On the northside, I got three 14-inchers and a 13-incher. I also got bit off twice in the East 15-minutes. That is a lot of frogs down the last few trips.

12 Bass
5 Pike

No comments: