Tuesday, August 18, 2020

OK Night on Platte/Sullivan, Nothing Beyond Specials

2.64lbs/16" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)


5:50-8:40PM Intersection, SPRO, Big Rice to Access Across Cane
70-77℉, Sunny, 0-5mph S
74-75℉ LOw rising

I started at the end of the GOMH West Wall Point at the Intersection. I lost a good bass on my second cast when it buried into the rice. I worked my way down the NSPRO getting a 14" when I pitched into an open pocket about 35 feet down. Then it got tough. I think I missed one bite on my way West. At the final boat channel, I quickly worked my way back on the SSPRO missing one bite on the Sprinker when I went to turn the troller.  I decided to give GOMH West Wall a shot because that is where I got my bite.  I was quickly rewarded with a couple of 16-inchers in the first 20 feet beyond the point. I caught a 15-inch at the boat channel mouth. I headed for Platte around 7:45PM or so. It was now calm out. I headed to 6lb Flat. Nothing was going on around me. Something did get trucked out on the point and way out on the flat. I decided to not chase those fish and make a quick stop at Big Rice Point. I got 3 bass (15.5,13,14)there on the Ish's Phat (Blue).  I then went into the cut and ended up working my way to the Access Across Cane.  I had a 14.5" truck the Sparrow right away at the rice line. I then had a fish dog me in the rice by the pads. Couldn't get the fish to take a craw tube or jig. As I worked my way toward the cane I had a 14-incher crush me on a long cast. At 8:40 I was throwing my last cast along the cane when I might have had a hit but thought my frog was sitting elsewhere. It was pretty dark by then and wasn't sure. I set the hook and caught vegetation so it must have been a hit. I pitched back to the pocket and my biggest fish of the nigh crushed it. I ended on that note.

No comments: