Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Slow Night on Platte

3/15, 18.25" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty (B/B)

14" Rage Swimmer (GP)
3:00-7:00PM West Point, NPBI, Green Cabin Bay, Chuck's Point, Starting Spot
43℉, Cloudy, 0-4mph WNW
The water level is starting to fall

Nothing at West Point and NPBI, so it was off to Green Cabin.  Nothing in the wood.  I started throwing the Rage Swimmer and lost a good feeling fish.  I then caught the little hammer handle; The little tyke messed up the head of the bait.  I missed another fish on the Swimmer and had to retire that bait.  Unfortunately, I elected not to put my Swimmers in the tackle bag tonight.  I  got a couple small pike on the junebug craw tube.  I was working the outside reed edge when I missed a solid hit on an isolated set of reeds.  About 10 feet down from there on the reed edge is where I got my only bass of the night (3/15) on the Hack Jig.  I ran across to Chuck's Pt. and got a pike there on the Poison.  I missed a couple of bites along the reed edge on the Hack Jig.  There is a huge stump chunk over by the dock, which is a complete disaster right now.  They obviously haven't been up since the water level came up.  I ended the night at the starting spot.  Couldn't get a hit on the Herb's Dilly. I got three pike on the Strike King single Colorado spinnerbait when I got out of the rice.

1 Bass
7 Pike


No comments: