Sunday, October 20, 2019

Good Night at the Jetty

4/3, 24.5" Rage Swimmer

22.5" Jerk Shad
8:10-10:00PM Harbor Mouth, North Corner
54-51℉, Cloudy, 2-6mph SSE

I started out the night missing a hit on the Rage Swimmer on my third cast at the Harbor Mouth.  About 5 casts later I got the big one of the night.  That was my last bite on the 4" Swimmer.  I tried the Grass Pig and Rippin Rap and didn't get a bite.  I got a 16.5-incher on the X-Rap and lost a bite as well at the North Corner.  I got an 18.5" at the North Corner on the Tomato Jerk Shad sometime around 9:30PM after the wind had picked up a bit  My upper back was bugging me, but I had brought the GLX 782 with the small Rage Swimmer down to the North Corner so I decided to give it a  shot.  I got a 20.5" on what was going to be my last cast.

I went down and got my stuff and took a picture of my weight for the night and then zeroed the scale.  I got down to the North end of the Jetty to pick up the two rods I had down there and I thought I'd take a few more casts with the little Swimmer.  I ended up getting 5 eyes in about 20 minutes with 2 (20,21.5) on the Rage Swimmer and 3 (18,18.5,22.5) on the Crackle Jerk Shad.  Even though the fish were biting my back was hurting and I was hungry so I called last fish on the Crackle caught it and left.

4 Eyes
Then
5 Eyes


No comments: