Thursday, October 17, 2019

It Worked Out In The End

2/13,17" Strike King Colorado (Blk/Red)

24" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty (b/b)

15.5" SK Spin
4:30-7:00PM East of Jenny's, Keith Spot to SPSI, SPBI, NPBI, F Flat
53℉, Mostly Sunny, 4-10mph SE
Water Level Very High

I started trying off the rice edge east of Jenny's.  Didn't even get a bite.  I then went in search of Keith's weedline fish using my Navionics App for my depth finder.  I didn't get a bite until I was clear over by SPSI. I got the skunk out of the boat with the pike which hit the Hack Jig.  I got the 15.5-incher on the juice. I dropped anchor to hold my position and went to weigh the fish.  The way she smacked it I thought she might have buddies.  Unfortunately, a boat full of duck hunters ran right over the spot before I had a chance to throwback, "Sometimes you get kicked."  Didn't get another bite there.

I then went to SPBI and NPBI missing one bite on the spinnerbait at the south point. I then headed to F Flat.  F stands in part for Fall.  I got two bass on the spinnerbait and two bass on the Hack Jig as well as missing a couple of bites.  Where the fish were was in a spot I mostly caught pike this year and that was the case the last time I fished here.  The bass have apparently moved in, which is a good sign. I just wish they would have been there on tournament day. Considering how my first hour plus on the water went things turned out OK.

5 Bass
1 Pike


No comments: