Friday, October 18, 2019

Great Windy Night On Platte


4/6,18.75" SK Spin (Blk/Red)

3/9,17.75" SK Spin

3/3,17.5" SK Spin

3/13,18" SK Spin (Red Blk)
4:50-7:05PM West Point, SPSI, NPSI, NPBI, F Flat
63-66℉, Mostly Sunny turning cloudy by 6PM, 4-15mph ESE SE
Water Level very high and not dropping much

The wind was really howling like a mofo when I was getting my stuff in the boat.  By the time I was ready to head out it was starting to diminish a bit.  I didn't get a hit at West Point.  I then ran to SPSI hugging the shoreline rather than driving straight.  I didn't get anything off of the reed/weedline where I got the pike yesterday.  My first bite of the night was the 3/3 on the Strike King over the juice.  I was disappointed it was a loner.  About 10 minutes after I got the fish the clouds moved in.  I did get a pike up by the reeds on the point.  I also missed a bite over the flat.  I elected not to hit the GOMH and stopped at the NPSI on a whim.  Good thing as I got two toads (3/9,4/9) there.  I stopped at the NPBI and missed a hit on the Hack Attack Jig and then it was off to F Flat. 

I couldn't get hit on the spinnerbait, so I started throwing the Hack Jig.  I located where a school was and put the anchor down.  I got a couple of 13.5s and a 16.5" on the Jig as well as missing a few hits.  It was now getting dark and they stopped hitting the jig, so I started throwing the spinnerbait and got 4 fish (13.5,13.5,16,18) on that including the final 3lber which was the last bite of the night.

10 Bass
1 Pike 

Just noticed tonight that the scale gives the total weight in hundredths not ounces even though that's how it gives individual weights.  
20.21lbs (This is one my best weights of the year)

No comments: