Saturday, October 19, 2019

F Flat Comes Through On A Very Windy Night

3/13,18.75" SK Colorado Spin (Blk/Red)
4:30-7:00PM West Point, SPSI, Green Cabin Bay, NPSI, F Flat
61-65℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-20mph WSW
Very High Water

I should have gone fishing in the morning before the wind came up.  It was really howling out of the WSW when I got out.  West Point was protected so I started there but didn't get a bite once again.  I then ran to SPSI in the heaviest wind and waves I've had to run into this year.  I didn't get a bite in the lee behind the Island and working in the wind was ridiculous and there weren't any fish.  I decided to head up to Green Cabin.  As I worked my way back through the reeds eventually I got a hit on the junebug craw tube.  Missed it. Threw back and the head of the bait got torn when it hit again.  I cast in with the Hack Attack Jig and had a good size pike do a doggy role and get off.  I then lost a bite that felt when I got hung in the reeds for the 3rd time three-quarters of the way in; I was not pleased.  There was fish activity, but I didn't get any more bites.  I stayed longer than I should have because the wind died down a bit before 6PM.  Nothing at NPBI.

I got a pike on F Flat to the West of the juice up by the shore.  I lost my first bite over the juice then caught 3 quick bass (18.75,14.5x2).  I then lost a fish and it shut them down.  Didn't get another bite 


No comments: