Thursday, July 05, 2018

Todd Morning Trip/Just Me In the Evening Short Trip

4.10lbs/18.25" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
6:00-8:30AM Double Cane/Green Cabin Bay
Conditions: 65-70℉, Sunny, Wind DNR
Water Temp: 72℉
2.91lbs/17.9" Livetarget Frog
Todd In the Trophy waiting for me to show up.
It was my first-night house/pet sitting with Mac and I didn't bring an alarm clock with me when I went to get my stuff last night, so Todd gave me a wake up call at about 5:10am.  I got down front about a half hour later.  Todd was out fishing in the boat as the picture shows.  I think we were fishing by 6AM on double cane point.  We had been fishing for about 20 minutes before Todd broke the ice.
2.20lbs/16.25" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
I then caught a dink and Todd got another 16 plus inch chunk.
2.40lbs/16.75" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
As I was working us out of the reeds/rice where they meet Todd lost a good blowup, then I got the skinny 17.9".  We worked the rice from the outside for a while without a bite, so I took us back to Green Cabin.  I should note that Double Cane was alive with activity just not much for bass, 6 blowups in a good hour and half plus.
Todd's 4 Pounda
I had barely gotten the trolling motor down when Todd got blown up.  I think we both missed a blowup a piece and that was it for bites in the morning. I went back to bed when we got back.  I woke up at about 2:15PM.  Todd and the girls came back in the pontoon at about 2:40PM.  They were gone by 4PM.  I went back to bed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7:30-8:30PM From all the fishing and my weird sleep schedule and lack of bringing 5-Hour Energy when I went home last night I was really dragging after I got up this evening.  I gave Big Bass Point a shot, but as per usual nothing was going on.  This area used to be money.  Now I'm lucky if I even get a bite.  It pretty much looks the same to me.  I don't get it what happened?

I then scooted across to Double Cane.  Once again activity, but not so much bass.  I got a 13.25" on the Terminator Frog and a couple of pike.  I was pretty discouraged by the lack of activity and my back was sore.  A fire got started to the SE of me.  I was a bit concerned because the lake cabin is in that direction.  I missed a blowup and conditions were getting right, but my heart wasn't in it so I took off.  Turns out the fire was on North Platte Lake Drive.
13.82lbs Best 6Bass for the Day

No comments: