Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Fishing With Steve Tonight

5.51lbs/25.5 Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
5:00-5:15PM GOMH NE
6:00-9:30PM South Inlet, Double Cane, Green Cabin Bay
Conditions: 70's, Mostly Sunny, 2-5mph East Wind
Water Temp: 79℉
4.03lbs/18.5" Terminator Frog
I made a quick stop at the GOMH.  I wanted to see what the water level was.  About half way up my standing rock on the NE side.  I did catch a dink bullhead on the weedless chatterjig.
15.75" Terminator Jig
I headed out in the Trophy for Inlet Bay just before 6PM. Steve called me about 10 minutes into my fishing, so I went and got him. We were fishing by 6:30 back in Inlet.  Nothing was going on in the reeds with pads I started us in.  I missed a good fish way up in the slop with reeds.  Steve had a what I believe was a big pike miss his frog twice in an open area with some pads.  To the NE of this open area is a nice pad field.  I got the first bass (15.75) casting along the pad edge.  I got the 4lber in an open hole quite a ways back in the pads/slop.  That was it for inlet bay.

We next went to Double Cane Point.  I caught a 14-incher there and we missed a couple of hits out toward the starting spot.  At 8:35 it wasn't happening, so I took us to Green Cabin Bay and drifted us in to the juice.  It wasn't long and Steve was hooked up.
16.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
Steve and I would have had a double, but Steve didn't hook up.  My bass was a 13-incher.  I played with what I think was a dogfish, but couldn't get it to hit a jig.  Steve and I both missed a couple of blowups.  I took us a little to the South, but when we didn't get a hit in 5 minutes I took us back North.  Steve had a good bass most of the way in that got off.  Then he got the Doggy.
Without Flash

With flash, no smile
Before I could tell Steve to let the bowfin play itself out he grabbed the line and pulled the fish in the boat.  The line snapped and fortunately the fish didn't go crazy and quickly settled down.  By the time I got it off and took pictures the skeeters were out so we called it a night.
13lbs for the 6 Bass tonight.  Bowfin weighed 5.51
Me
5 Bass
Steve
1 Bowfin
2 Bass

No comments: