Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Sort of OK Morning, Skunked In The Evening

2.57lbs/16.25" Bobby's Perfect

Best 6 for the Trip
I believe I started this trip in the Trophy in the reeds across the way North bed.  I had three quick hits on the Sprinker.  Probably pike. I think I got a bass or two in the reeds, but it clearly wasn't happening.  I then headed West to the reeds beyond Chuck's Point.  I think I got three bass there on the Sprinker and a Craw Tube.  I got a fish or two on Chuck's Point, then headed to the juice.  I got my two best fish of the morning in short order on Bobby's Perfect, but then the wind came up like a sun of a gun and I was done with it blowing out of the East.

In the evening I tried over to Jenny's, then "the dock" across and the weed flat.  I missed a hit on the dock to the West of the dock and that was it; Skunked for the trip. Steve had more action fishing off the dock getting a bass, pike and missing a couple of other hits.  I was pretty discouraged by this trip and didn't get out on the 11th at all.  The heat on the 11th had something to do with that as well.


No comments: