Saturday, July 07, 2018

I Had a Plan, Then Bailed On It

3.24lbs/17.5" Sprinker Frog (Black/Purple/Blue)
6:30-10:30AM SPBI, NPSI, Rice E of GOMH, Docks & Reeds Across SPSI, LSP
Conditions: 65-75℉, Sunny, 6-14mph SSEWind
Water Temp: 74℉
Mac checking Out the Sunrise
Hanging out with Mac got me out on the lake a little later than usual.  My plan was to hit SPBI, NPSI, NPBI, and then go to Green Cabin Bay for the balance of the morning.  I didn't even get a bite on the South Point of the Big Island,  On the North Point Small Island I got one small bass and a pike on a spinnerbait.  I decided to scrap the plan at this point and headed South to work the slop near the 16 Hole; Nothing was going on there.  I then headed to try some docks across and Easy of SPSI.  I missed one hit on the docks, but think it was a pike.  The reeds and pads looked good, so I decided to take a few casts with the Sprinker and was immediately rewarded with the 3lber. I missed//lost 2 or 3 fish in the reeds before I got this 17-incher; My last fish of the morning.
2.75lbs/17.10" Sprinker
I worked my way East. Its some beautiful water with reeds, pads, and cabbage, but nothing was going on it today.  At 10AM I went for a quick shot at Loon Sex Point and didn't get a sniff.  That was it for the day.  The winds kept me off in the evening and I was in bed by 8:30PM
6.87lbs for 3 Bass Today
3 Bass
2 Pike

No comments: