Sunday, July 15, 2018

Doggy, Dinks, Misses, and a Big Gal

20" Yum Dinger
7:45-9:30PM Green Cabin Bay & Chuck's Point
Conditions: Low 70's, Partly Cloudy, 3-7 MPH WNW,
Water Temp: 72-68℉, Water Level High
4.05lbs Terminator Frog (Yellow)
The caffeine finally kicked in around 6:30 tonight, so I felt like going fishing.  I would have been out by 7:30, but I spent 15 fruitless minutes looking for my white fishing gloves.  Once out I headed right to Green Cabin Bay.  I started to the West of Chuck's Point in the pads. I missed the first fish despite getting two chances at it, both blow ups on the Terminator Frog. I then got the dogfish on the Dinger after it played with the frog.  I missed a good blow up in the reeds and rice of Chuck's Point. I then had small blowup miss that turned out to be a dink on the dinger.  I then missed a fish in the pads as I worked down Chuck's Point.  At 8:40PM I motored over toward 'the juice'.  I cast to a likely looking point in the slop and was rewarded with the big girl.  I then caught another dink on the Dinger.  I missed a couple more blowups.  Then I got a 16-incher on the Terminator.  I missed one last good blow up before the skeeters drove me away.

1 Dog
4 Bass
6 Misses

No comments: