Friday, July 06, 2018

Just Me This Evening In The Trophy

2.33/16" Bobby' Perfect (Sparrow/SF)
7:00-9:35PM Big West Bay, Green Cabin Bay
Conditions: 78-72℉, Mostly Sunny, Light SSE Wind
Water Temp: 77-75℉

With the South wind I figured I would give a look to the stuff in Big West to the West of the public launch.  Nothing going on in the first pad bed or the docks.  I had a 15/16 bass jump 2-feet out of the water with my frog out front of the last dock in the pads/rice/reeds, but I didn't hook up.  That was the only bite of note, not the only bite I got.  Didn't get a hit in the pads/reeds/rice which was disappointing.  I skipped the area across from the Public Access and went right into Green Cabin where I was pretty sure I could get some action and I did. I missed the first two blowups.  One was a pretty good hookset; The other one not so much.  I got a 12.5" on a craw tube to get a fish in the boat.  I then got 15.5" on the Bobby's Perfect.  Then a 15" on the craw tube.  I then missed a 17/18 that came all the way out of the water with Bobby's Perfect; Didn't get a good hook set on her.  I did a little hookset practice and got my last two blowups of the night (15,16).
9.39lbs for my 5 Bass Tonight
5 Bass
1 Pike

No comments: