Saturday, July 21, 2018

Big Dog, Good Bass

7.14lbs/28.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
6:00AM-1:00PM 17" Hole, Access Across, Chuck's Point, Green Cabin Bay
Conditions: 63-73℉, Cloudy, 3-7mph NNE
Water Temp: 73℉
17" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
The morning started out great with 3 good bass in the boat in the first 20 minutes;  The 17" on the Terminator Frog and the other two (15.25,16.25) on Bobby's Perfect.  I got a few pike on the Bobby's Perfect and the black Spro Sprinker knockoff.  It was at least an hour before I got my next bass, a 15.75" on a black/red Terminator Frog way up in the rice.  I worked my out along the cane and got two 3lbers within 15 minutes off the end of the cane.
17" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

17.25" Bobby's Perfect
 As I started back toward the 17" Hole I got the big dog off of the long rice point.  I had something big miss the Spro Sprinker off the tip of the point.  I got a few pike as I worked my way west to the 17" Hole on the Spro Sprinker knockoff.  I also lost either a big doggy or big bass on my way to the 17" Hole on SSKO.  I worked west of the 17" Hole but was only getting pike, so I headed to Chuck's Point.
15.5" Bobby's Perfect
 I got several bass off of Chuck's Point (15.66,15.5,15,13,10.5) on Bobby's Perfect, including this one that looked like it's fins had been dipped in orange dye.  I had a pike steal my Bobby's Perfect in the slop in Green Cabin Bay.  Green Cabin was a disappointment and I pulled the plug at 1PM.  My upper back was barking at me by then and the sun was beginning to come out as well.  I would have thought the bass topwater bite would have been better than it was with the overcast.
16.07lbs for my Best 6 Bass
11 Bass
13 Pike
1 Dog

No comments: