Thursday, July 12, 2018

I Set Down Amongst Them Tonight (17" Hole)

3.46lbs/17.75" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
7:00-9:30PM The Hammer Zone/17 Hole
Conditions: 80℉, Partly Cloudy, 4-Calm NW
Water Temp: 79℉
2.79lbs/17.75" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
So tonight with the light NW wind I thought approaching the area across from the Platte Public Access from a little farther to the West than where I got my fish a few nights ago might pay off and boy did it.  I pulled into a little cut and got a 14.75" on the Terminator Frog to start things off of the rice edge. I then got a pair of 15-inchers and missed a blowup.  I had a fish reveal it's location out on the flat and it turned out to be a 16-incher.
16" Score
I then got a 14" and 15.75" off the flat when the 14-incher let me know where they were sitting.  I got a 23" pike next to the rice. Then I picked up the two 17's and a 14-incher in the rice.  The second 17 was a one-eyed Willy.  I named the weigh point the 17" Hole. I then got the bright idea to try the Sprinker and didn't hook up with about 4 fish before finally landing a 14-incher.  I went back to the Terminator Frog and got a 15-incher and the weight came off the frog.  I could see it was coming loose and had super glue in the boat, my bad for not repairing it.  I missed my next couple of bites.  My last fish of the night was a 13-incher.  Beautiful Sky as the Sunset.



14.72lbs for my Best 6 Tonight
12 Bass
6 Pike

No comments: