Monday, July 02, 2018

Pete Day #2 Morning and Evening Trips

1st Bass For Pistol
6:00-7:00AM GOMH, Culvert, Inlet
7:30-10:10AM 3 Loon, F Flat
Conditions: 60-78℉, Mostly Sunny, 3-7 MPH SSW
Water Temp: 72℉
14" Crawtube (Junebug)
Pete at the Inlet
So we started at the GOMH.  Nobody was there.  Pete decided to go with a topwater frog.  I didn't get a hit on the NE side.  I got the 14-incher and then immediately got another bite.  Wanting to get Pete a bullhead I made him fish a Dinger.  He didn't get a bite and I didn't get another one either.  Nothing at the Culvert.  Pete missed a pike at the Inlet as I brought one up on the marsh side.  A little while later Pete got his fish on a Spro Popper.
Pete released his fish before I could get a picture
I got the boat drained and headed for 3 Loon Flat.  Pete thought we should give the reed line off the point a try.  He only got the Hula Popper hung up once so there is that.  We started working the flat in b the docks.  I think I got one pike.  There was a family fishing off a dock so I started moving us out and we got a double.  Pete got a couple more pike.  I moved us back in by the docks over by the pads.  Nothing there.  I then headed as back out on 3-Loon.  I had my black/blue/grey Vet Chatterjig get bit off.  Pete got himself that small bass And I got a 13-incher on the junebug Vet Chatter.  I had a good-sized dogfish get off at the boat.  We got several pike as we drifted across to F-Flat.  Missed a bunch of hits as well.  We stopped just after 10AM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.90lbs/19" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
7:15-9:30PM SPBI, SPSI, NPSI, Loon Sex Point
Conditions: 78-74℉, Partly Cloudy, 3-7 MPH SSE
Water Temp: 74℉
Pete went with the parents to get wings at Brothers.  Steve was down fishing off the pontoon not catching anything.  We were off fairly quickly.  I took us to a place Pete pointed out last night, the South side of the big island, but there was a pontoon fishing where I wanted to start.  So started fishing us down the reeds.  I caught a pike right away and  Pete wasn't happy with how I was controlling the boat and letting me know about it.  When we got down in the juice I swung the boat letting him cast to the prime area and he caught 2 bass in about 3 casts.
Pete's first bass with the Pontoon where I wanted to start in the background.
I started working us West.  Pete had a migraine giving him problems and wasn't happy with me taking us looking into the sun.  The pontoon left before we got there.  We got a few pikes running the South side of the island, Pete got one bass ass well.  I then ran us down to the SPSI.  On the way there Pete was pointing out the NPSI, which I thought we would hit after the SPSI.  Pete wasn't happy with how I chose to attack the point and no fish were there to change his attitude about it.  After giving it 20 minutes we were off to the NPSI.  Pete was having melted tackle issues.  I missed a couple hits off the point and got a couple pikes to the South.  Pete was finally up and running again so I took us back toward the point, Pete wasn't happy with how fast I was getting us there.  Then he was micromanaging my boat control, which unfortunately he no doubt feels vindicated by because he caught 2 more bass.
Pete off of NPSI
It was now getting close to 9PM and Pete had me down 5-0 on bass for the trip.  I headed us for the base of Loon Sex Point and had the big girl blast me on the second cast.  Pete put a frog on immediately.  Pete wanted to work the area quickly while I wanted to work the area more thoroughly.  So I did what Pete wanted and got us moving.  I got a 14.5-incher on the Bobby's.  Pete had to take a piss and instead of standing up and taking it off of the battery compartment he got pissed off that I had rods, the net, and the paddle in the way and he started banging stuff around.  That really pissed me off.  I ended up missing a hit because of it.  Upon completing his piss he immediately got into me about my boat control.  Now I was really pissed off.  I guy who had me down 5-0 in bass caught 15 minutes ago is being a whiny argumentative little brat because I caught a big one and a strung together a few bites.  I was furious and didn't engage in an argument with Pete because to do such is pointless.  I just moved us along and fished way to fast.  I took us into the whole where Pete got 3 bites but didn't hook up.  The skeeters came out and we were done.  As I was putting on my rain gear while we were slowly underway.  Pete decided to spray his Ultrathon Bug Spray all over my boat, tackle box, depth finder and GPS was a good idea.  Wasn't too happy with that choice of Pete's, but what was done was done in an instant and I don't know if he was aware of where he was spraying.  I hurried things up and didn't put any rod socks on.  We were out of there by 10 o'clock. 

No comments: