Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Fishing with Steve On a Smokey Night



3.75lbs Bobby's Perfect

Sumo's non-magical brother Buddha
6:00-9:30PM F Flat, Reeds Across N & S, Inlet to Cookie Jar
74-82℉, Haze/Smoke, 2-4mph ENE

Steve wanted to come with tonight, so I stayed close to start hitting the Reeds across the way first. Actually, I started outside the reeds and got a bass on my very first cast on the Blitz Frog. I missed a couple of blow-ups in the reeds. I pulled out of the reeds and got a couple of nice Plake Lake Specials on the FireCraw eBay ChatterJig. I then went and picked up Stever. We went and worked the South Reed Line across the way. I got one Platte Lake special and a pike. Steve missed a bite of two. Then we went to NPLD Pt. Reeds & NPBI. I think I got a 2lber and a pike off the PT, and Steve missed a couple of bites and got a Platte Lake Special as well. Then we went to the center rice in Inlet. Steve got the big fish of the night there. I was trying to get that stupid Snagproof Kicker Frog knocked off my 2021 Frog catches a bass list. I missed a couple of good opportunities that I wasn't ready for but eventually got a small bass against the rice wall. I erased the scale thinking I had taken a picture. I think we had 15-something for the night, so we were getting quality bites.

Steve: 4 Bass 5 Pike
Me: 6 Bass 5 Pike

No comments: