Monday, December 03, 2018

The Struggle Continues

I didn't take any pictures, but I did bring the camera.

4:30-8:00PM Rock Lake
23℉, Cloudy, 3 NW

Had to run to the post office in Pierz to pick up the rods I won on eBay.  When I got home I loaded my gear in the car, then made the mistake of opening the packages.  The first box I opened was at the tip.  The rod wasn't Tatula black, but Tatula silver.  I thought that's a mistake I can live with except it wasn't a Tatula rod but an inexpensive Abu Vengence.  I opened the second package same thing.  I am pissed.  Don't know if it was a mix-up or what, don't care.  They screwed up.  I immediately went to the Chromebook to let them know my feelings.  I should have just gone fishing because by the time I was done screwing around it was approaching 4 PM by the time I got dressed and left the house.  I was going to try for sunfish, but with dark fast approaching that was out.  I also forgot to pack the Streamlight Lantern, grrr.

I decided to go where I fished on Saturday on Rock if no one was there.  Nobody was fishing Rock tonight.  There is a lot of bare ice which makes pulling the Fish Trap easy.  I should have been smarter about how I drilled holes to start.  I should have drilled more holes. By the time I figured that out it was dark out.  I ended up getting three small crappies out of the same holes I got the most fish out of on Saturday. I missed a number of bites and had a bunch of lookers. I think maybe I was dealing with perch. What a disappointing day. 

No comments: