Wednesday, December 12, 2018

I Almost Totally Sucked


7:30AM-2:30PM Out Front of Eddy's
22-28℉, Cloudy Fog, 0-4SSE

I went to Bear Trax to pick up some small suckers and fatheads then back to Mille Lacs.  By the time I was walking out it was light enough out for me to see.  I went out to the area that guy was set up last night, then went a little deeper.  Put a fathead down, then went with the Do-Jigger Spoon with a minnow head.  Almost immediately fish on.  Halfway up it got off.  Sent it back down and a minute later fish on again came off again.  That may have happened a third time.  I was like what's up.  Then the bobber went down and I caught me an eye.  Thank goodness.  I put on a sucker this time.  About 10 minutes later the bobber went down.  I set the hook and it was a good one.  I didn't have the back reel button pressed.  As I was trying to do that the fish surged and broke the line up by the dropper.  My bad.  Was not happy.  That was the last quality bite.  I messed around with perch for a while.  Worked my way out as deep as I could go 19'.  Looked and played with perch the rest of the day.  When I went shallower than 15' feet, nothing was around.  Enjoyed the day, too bad more eyes didn't show up.

1 Eye
37 Perch

No comments: