Friday, January 26, 2018

Morning & Evening Trip To Bulldog

6:45-7:15AM Bulldog
7:45-8:15AM Sullivan
Conditions: 23-26℉, Partly Cloudy, Windy ESE
Depth: 27'
10.33" Glow Demon/minnow
I decided to see if there might be a morning bite.  There was a group of people already over the hole when I got there.  I set up to the North of where I had been fishing.  There were fish down there in my first set of holes.  It was a good bite, but didn't last long.  As soon as it started getting light out the fish disappeared.  I packed up and headed to Sullivan, but I didn't bring the GPS so I was flying blind.  The wind was nasty so I didn't stay long.

10 VMC Fly/maggots
4 Glow Demon/minnow
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9" VMC Fly/maggot
4:45-7:15PM Bulldog
Conditions: 40-30℉, Partly Cloudy, Windy W
Depth: 26'

There were a number of people out fishing when I arrived. I didn't get more minnows.  I set up in the area I had been fishing, but a little farther to the East.  Turns out it was about a foot shallower.  The wind made me not want to roam around.  I missed the first 5 bites on a minnow.  I ended up getting 6 crappies on the VMC Fly and 4 on the Glow Demon and minnow.  Just not a lot of fish around tonight.  I think all the activity got to them.

16 VMC Fly/maggot
8 Glow Demon/minnow

24 Crappies for the day

244 Crappies for the Winter so far.

No comments: