Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Bullhead at Rock Lake

9.5" Glow Demon w/Gulp Minnow and Powerbait Waxie

9" Glow Demon w/Waxie

5.5" Glow Demon w/waxie
3:45-7:50PM
Conditions: Overcast, wind out of the South at 10 diminishing to 5mph, Mid 20's

I got out later than I wanted to thanks to me sleeping in and Bear Trax was closed so I was down to my last few waxies.  Nothing was down there at first, but by 4:30 I got a couple of crappies on the Tungsten Jig w/ waxies.  The crappies didn't really want minnows tonight;  I only got a couple on those and missed about 6-8 bites.  Once I switched to the Glow Demon I got 4 small sunfish and several crappies until I ran out of wax worms.  I put a Gulp Minnow and Powerbait Wax Worm on the Glow Demon.  I got several bites but couldn't hook them, the wanted a total deadstick.  I then got the bullhead for my last fish of the night.  Sure didn't feel like a crappie or sunfish coming up.  I did get two 10" crappies, which I kept.

9 Crappies
4 Sunfish
1 Bullhead

No comments: