Thursday, January 07, 2016

Back at It On Rock

10.5" VMC Tungsten Jig w/maggots, Gulp Minnow
3:30-6:45PM
Conditions: Overcast, no wind, around 30 degrees

Got out a little earlier today.  I started at the holes I drilled yesterday.  Nothing was going on.  I left the house and tried in my original spot and got a small sunny on the VMC Jig and then nothing, so I went back to the house.  I started getting some crappies including the 10.5" on the VMC Jig.  Eventually I switched over to the Glow Demon and got a couple sunnies including a 7".  Only got about 3 crappies on a minnow tonight and probably a pike that I lost just below the hole.  At 6:00 I began running out of propane in my heater.  I tried the old holes for a bit and got one 9" crappie.  I went back to the house and got a couple more crappies and missed that pike.  I didn't want to get cold so I left.  A lot of 9" crappies tonight.

1 Pike???
3 Sunfish
17 Crappies

No comments: