Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rock And GOMH May 30th

I decided to hit up Rock for a couple of hours.  I was in the water around 4PM.  I pulled into the RPRO and there was a boat down by the beaver dam.  I thought it looked like he was pulling some of the bog that's clogging up the river mouth.  I started fishing on the entry way to the wider RPRO.  I got a small bass right away on the bubblegum Grass Pig.  My next fish was this 24" pike on the Gambler Ninja Spin.  I was kind of being pushed along with the wind.
I got a few more pike on that and missed some bass, but fishing obviously wasn't going to be that good.  I contemplated trailering over to Platte Lake, but decided against it with the motor issues I'm having.  The other guy did do some fishing then took off.  I got down by the beaver dam and it was still the same as it was.  I caught 1 bass casting a Horny Toad into the river and missed another hit.  It got calmer as I came up the South shoreline.  I missed a couple of hits on the Horny Toad.  Then I started throwing my Fluke on my wildly inconsistent Daiwa Fuego;  One second it is loose as a goose and on the next cast it tightens up until it inexplicably loosens up again.  Needless to say I was pulling back lashes as much as fishing.  I missed a couple of quality swirls.  I was getting pretty frustrated.  I put on a white Stanley Phantom and got a 15.5" on the first cast.  I thought this might be good, but I must have hit it on the head.  I started working my way out when I missed a big bass.  I was super frustrated now.  Then I missed one on the Horny Toad.  This trip was not going well at all.  I put the Phantom by a log and it got blown up on by this 18" bass.
I considered getting a Derby Bass a trip saver.  I noticed rain approaching from the East.  I like a total idiot didn't think to put on my bib and rain shell I had in my tackle bag.  I only put on my Arctic Armor Jacket which really isn't rain proof anymore.  I got soaked.  When I got to the car I took my shorts and underwear off and put on the bib.  I got the boat out and it had pretty much stopped raining.  I decided to go and hit the GOMH

At the GOMH I started cracking jumpin bullheads right away on the South side on Havoc Grass Pig Jr..  A 17" was my first fish.  I switched over to a Powerbait Crazy Legs Chigger Craw and got a few more jumpers.  I switched over to the Platte side and got this Bowfin.
23"
 I'm very sure it's the same one I caught last week.  He went back..  I got one jumper on the bubblegum Grass Pig as well on the Platte side.  It was now around 9:30pm so I left.

No comments: