Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Morning Trip to the GOMH

I got to the GOMH this morning at 5:30AM.  Fortunately the rain held off to 8AM and I was able to get some bullhead action in.  I started off on the South side and got a couple of quality jumpin bullheads (15 to 16 inchers) on the huckleberry Christopherson's Craw Tube and the D.M. Baits Piranha.  It slowed down so I went to the North side which had better action.  I got my 4th Derby fish of the year with this obviously spawned out 18.5".
 It fell for the Craw Tube as well.  I ended up jumping off another quality jumper that easily would have made the Derby.  I ended up with 16 jumpers total and many missed hits and 1 toothy bullhead.  I quit when it started to rain.  In addition to the two baits already mentioned.  I also got fish on a black/blue fleck Bio Bait Craw Tube and a bubblegum Grass Pig.

No comments: