Tuesday, May 31, 2011

GOMH Quick Hitter

I am keeping this one only on the Fishing Log Blog, thinking that most if not all of the Baxter Bass Snatchers won't see it.

Today was very windy out of the SW and cool (cold front) with occasional showers. I went to the Chiropractor and hit the Grumpy Old Man Hole on my way back from about 5:30-7PM. The wind was coming in hard on the South side and that is where I started. I couldn't get a hit on a reaction bait, but when I switched to a orange crawdad Yum Wooly Bug I got a 13" and 14" jumpin bullhead. After about a half hour of that I went to the NE side.

I started out throwing a silver 3/16oz Strike King Pro Model Spinnerbait tandem Colorado blades. First cast I got a 13" jumpin bullhead. Right after that I got a small toothy bullhead, then a long thin one on the Strike King. I got a small 11ish jumpin bullhead and that was it for the spinnerbait. I switched to a black/blue Strike King Pure Poison with 5" Action Plastic Mag Grub electric blue and was rewarded with a couple of 15" class jumpin bullheads. After that action stopped I switched to a "California" color Berkley Havoc Pit Boss and got a 16" class fish and one that was probably around 14.5" (I didn't have the Rapala board out so all measurements are guesses.) The Pit Boss got destroyed by the 2nd fish and I switched to the Yum Wooly Bug Orange Craw. I got a 14" and 14.5" with that. That made 10 jumpin bullheads and I quit.

I was amazed at how good the fishing was considering the GOMH got pounded from shore over the Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments: