Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Platte/Sullivan Pre-Fish with Video


Today was the final day I could pre-fish Platte/Sullivan before the lakes go off limits. Unfortunately I didn't get out until around 5PM. It looks like we are going to have sun for tournament day and today was sunny, so it would have been nice to have a bit more time in under those conditions. I put in at the Platte Lake Public Access and headed East.

At my first stop I hit 3 docks and pulled a 14" off a boat lift with a "California" Havoc Pit Boss. I moved a little South onto the juice and fish were there. I got 3 OK bass and a pike, plus I shook off a few more hits on the Big Bite Baits Cane Thumper. I think it's an area I can count on for something come Saturday. I did a little by sight recon and didn't see anything so it was on to spot #2, the reeds off the South End of the big Island and the reeds behind the big Island. That was unproductive.

Next I headed North right to some docks. I pulled the beat up 16.5" off the second one with a red shad Zoom Super Fluke. Two docks down I got 14.75" on the orange crawdad Yum Wooly Bug. That was the end of my dock fishing as I'd seen enough.

I shook off two that felt like good fish in an area that usually holds a couple. I lost the tail of the Cane Thumper on the first shake off. Then I went out farther into the lake and got a 14.75 on the Gambler EZ. I got a couple more bites on that and had the whole rig go bye bye when I set the hook on one. Not sure if it was a pike or damage I had done to the line on a previous bite that I'm sure was a pike.

I tied on a new Moaner Hook and tried a Yum Money Minnow. It got to be 8PM and I headed to Loon Sex Bay to work an area I didn't get to the other night. I threw the Money Minnow and Stanley Phantom. I think the Money Minnow was a mistake because it just wasn't drawing strikes. I did have a couple of possible hits, but they were just bumps. I pulled a little pike off Loon Sex Point. I moved into an area that at least should have been holding pike and finally I switched off the Money Minnow for a Gambler EZ. The EZ produced a bass and 2 pike pretty quick. It was getting dark and the mosquito's were coming out so I called it a night.

No comments: