Friday, May 27, 2011

A Different Pete

I got out on Platte/Sullivan with a fellow Baxter Bass Snatcher Peter Johnson. But before I met him at the launch I stopped at the GOMH. Nothing but jumpin bullheads. I tried out a Snakebait Baits California Shaker. A California Shaker is a spinnerbait that also has a chatter jig blade. I was impressed with the lure but I was a bit concerned as the chatter blade is attached to the spinnerbait with a Norman Speed Clip. In my experience Norman Speed Clips and spinnerbaits are not a good combination if you like to keep your spinnerbaits. My fears were justified. The spinnerbait came off right by shore. Luckily I was able to retrieve it.

When I got to the access Peter hadn't arrived yet, so I threw some casts from the dock. On a cast the Spinnerbait came off and all I got back was the chatter blade. You live and learn. I have one more of those California Shakers and I'm going to super glue the speed clip before I try to use it.

Pete and I went in search of dogfish and pike. Didn't see any dogs. And the pike were slow and small.

Here is a couple of our fish:


We fished from about 7:30 to 11:00AM

I stopped at the GOMH on the way home and connected with a couple of toothy bullheads. The only reason I got the pictures was because I needed the pliers.

No comments: