Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fishing Report 5/2/07

Today we got the Trophy (boat) out of storage, which consisted of moving it out from the side of the Pole Barn into a garage door in the Pole Barn. Upon getting it out I noticed that the pin for the transom saver was missing. I was at a loss and nearly went into a panic. Fortunately I found the pin in the rolled up boat cover. Once we got the boat in the garage door Dad set about looking over the transom and I gave the boat a much needed vacuum job. The transom was not in as bad a shape as Dad thought it might be, but still he equated it to "an accident waiting to happen." Dad is going to reinforce the transom and that should make it all better. Hopefully the boat will be ready by Bass Opener.

We headed to the GOMH about 7:20 and it was windy (NE) and cool getting cooler. Lee Ander was there along with two other guys fishing the SW side. Dad and I went down on the SW side. Word was that things were slow. Dad missed the first fish when it bit his jig off. Shortly after that Dad landed a little Nort, which I released on the other side of the bridge. I landed our first silver bullhead and gave it to Lee Ander. The wind was nasty and would move our bobbers off to the west fairly quickly, it was annoying. At one point I gave the SE side a try, but after getting nothing and losing my minnow I headed back. While I was away Dad did catch a silver. Dad and I both caught a silver. When I was reeling mine in, the line got caught with Dad's and made a royal mess. I cut my line and ended up having to cut Dad's too. We called it a day at that point as that fishing was slow and it was getting cold.

No comments: