Friday, May 25, 2007

5-24-07 Eddy's Jetty

I arrived at Eddy's around 7:30 PM it was overcast with a slight NW wind blowing. I chose to fish the North Jetty harbor mouth. I put on as little a leech as I could find and caught some perch. My bobber went down and I set the hook and felt nothing, but my hook and bead were gone, strange. As it got dark I put the light on my bobber and switched to a bigger leech. At about 9:20 my bobber went under and I landed a 22" eye. About 15 minutes later the bobber went under but I didn't connect. There were a couple of guys at the center jetty and they landed 3 small eye's. Right at 10PM I got a bite and set the hook, much to my surprize it was a giant bluegill. I didn't measure it, but it was easily over 10". With the bluegill, I called it a night and went to watch the launches come in. Eddy's had all 5 launches out on the night. Some of the launches came back with quite a few fish while a couple of them only had a couple of keepers.

No comments: