Thursday, May 17, 2007

5-17-07 Eddy's Jetty

I headed out about 7PM and started using the rig I used last night on the launch; slip bobber, white beed and a red hook. No one was at the Jetty when I arrived and so I took the North Jetty harbor mouth. I started with small leeches and caught a couple of perch. I switched to minnows and the perch were hitting them too. Eventually I used up all the 6 or 7 minnows on perch. As it started to get dark I was hoping the eyes would move in. Nothing and then at 9:30 I got a bad tangle with the Vanish line and had to go to the truck to get another reel. As I was getting re-rigged the plastic bag holding my bobber stuff burst as I took it out of my jacket pocket, wonderful. All in all it took me about 15 minutes to re-rig. I cast out on the bobber seemed to be fine and then after a little while it went under. I set the hook and got nothing leech still there. I cast out again and the same thing happened. Apparently I had put to much weight on and I was slowly sinking the bobber. I got the right weight on with about 10 minutes left to fish. I eneded up with 0 walleye. The 3 guys fishing the center Jetty got 1 small eye.

No comments: