Saturday, April 09, 2005

Open Water Double Skunk

4/8/04 Platte is mostly open.
Fished at the Bridge last night for just a bit with a beetle spin and Cubby,minnow, bobber. Nadda! It's good to see the water level at the Bridge seems to be up almost a good foot from a week ago, the current is a rippin through there. Also the water level is higher than I remember it being all of last Spring, Summer, and Fall which is berry berry good IMO.

And there were no Grumpy Old Men Sightings.
Posted by Hello

4/7/04 I saw a couple does that count?
I headed in to the cities at Noon for a 2:15PM appointment with Isabelle then it was off to Gander and Lake of the Open Crappie Mouth aka My early season metro Crappie spot. Unfortunatly do to the lack of Snow and dry conditions the backwater channel lake levels are pathetic. Amazingly enough the ground around the darn thing was wetter than usual. Outflows must be keeping up or beating the inflows. Saw quite a few Turtles, one small Pike in a shallow canals channel, and I think I saw 1 carp, maybe. Didn't even get a bullhead. Heard a pheasant as usual. Sticklebacks in the drain.

Anyway, I headed up to Dreamweaver, but it was almost all slopped in with high water (go figure) and I got zero there. Was a guy and his son, and they had waders to get by the inlet but I didn't see them get anything. It was a slime factory.

Anyway headed to Fishers of Men Meeting and saw the new digs. Gave Cisco his GPS, got set for Teen Challenge FOM Wapo WI openner, Cyber is not gonna fish Team Bass, the Speaker was Brent Gilbertson??? walleye guy. I enjoyed his talk, as he was talking Wapo Walleye.

Anyway good to get a line wet, sucked though that I didn't any Crappies by the April meeting cause many years previous I had.

No comments: